Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Beautiful DSP!

Hello and Welcome!

I hope all my readers are having a wonderful week.  I hoped to get this post up yesterday, but life gets in the way sometimes and that's just how it goes! My lovely little is off at school today, so I have my craft space to myself and I am so excited to share today's projects.  I treated myself to some new Stampin' Up goodies and I couldn't wait to use them!  Ok, ok...I actually signed up to become a Stampin' Up demonstrator and these goodies were part of my starter kit!!!  I am so excited for this next step in my card making journey and I hope that I can be an inspiration to those in my immediate area and beyond.  Be on the lookout as I update my blog to reflect this new adventure and get things started!

I decided to get right to work sharing these new projects using the "Share What You Love" DSP and the Rectangle Stitched Dies.  I was so excited to see the challenge over at TGIF Challenges because their focus this week is to feature a DSP! What luck!

Here are today's cards... 

Thank You Card #1

Thank You Card #2
As you can see, both cards feature the gorgeous DSP "Share What You Love" as well as the coordinating cardstock Rich Razzleberry.  The Rich Razzleberry cut out also features the Rectangle Stitched die cuts which after only two cards are soon to become a favorite of mine! See below for the card deets and some additional photos! 

Step-by-step instructions

1.) Start with a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Rich Razzleberry cardstock.  Don't want scraps?! Go ahead and make two cards like I did above and change up the design. 
2.) Cut a piece of "Share What You Love" DSP to 4" x 5 1/4" for the background layer. 
3.) Send a piece of Rich Razzleberry through the Big Shot using the Rectangle Stitched die cuts to create a detailed stitch around the outside as well as a window like cut out in the middle.  


             

4.) Add a die cut flower with leaves in Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive or create a popped sentiment above some velvet ribbon.
5.) All stamps are from the "A Big Thank You" set and are stamped in either Fresh Fig or Crumb Cake.  

A beautiful card that lets the paper do all the work for you! 

These cards were inspired by the following challenges: 





P.S....Don't forget to check out my finished "she shed" here! It was a wonderfully fun home project and I hope it helps you to create an inviting and inspiring craft space.  

Keep Austin Crafty!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you really made the designer series paper the star of this card! Really beautiful!!! Thanks for joining TGIFC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. I really love that plum color and your gorgeous layouts. Thanks for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon ~
    Misty

    ReplyDelete