Saturday, January 12, 2019

Heartfelt Gratitude

Hello and Welcome! 

Another week has come and gone and as expected this year is already flying by.  Despite being busy getting our little one ready to go back to school, playing bus driver for all her fun-filled activities and just being a mom, I was thankful to have some time to sit down and design a quick card inspired by a few challenges this week.

Here is today's card...

 

My goal for this year is to work on providing more step-by-step instructions and supply details for the card.  I am still working on the best layout for providing that information, so please bear with me while I work out the details. 

Step-by-step instructions: 

1.) Start with a piece of white cardstock cut to 4 7/8" x 3 1/2".  
2.) Measure and cut the following cardstock pieces: white cardstock 1'' x 4 7/8" and 1 1/4" x 3 1/4", cardboard cardstock 1 1/2" x 3 1/2". 
3.) Stamp the white cardstock pieces from above with the stamp of your choice to create a custom stamped background.  I stamped using the SU Crumb Cake ink. 
4.) I die cut a vellum circle to add an extra layer underneath  my die cut butterfly.  
5.) Measure and cut the following cardstock pieces: black cardstock 1 1/2" x 7/8", white cardstock 1 3/8" x 3/4". 
6.) Stamp the white cardstock from above with the sentiment of your choice.  I choose the "Heartfelt Gratitude" from the SU A Big Thank You set in SU Crumb Cake ink.  
7.) Add the finishing touch with some beautiful, copper sequence.  

I hope you find this information helpful! I think this may be a card to copy in the future with different themes.  The layout and colors were so much fun to create with! 

I was inspired by the following challenges for this card: 





Keep Austin Crafty! 

Oh and don't forget to check back this week for updates on my new craft closet! It is coming along nicely! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Classy was my first thought. The delicate butterfly is wonderful!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. Love the colors. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Great layout, and I love the vellum panel! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete