Thursday, January 17, 2019

She Shed...Nearly there!

Hello and Welcome! 

I'm back today to share the progress on my new craft closet! And boy have we made some progress! We've gotten so much done that hopefully my next post will feature move-in day! I am so excited for this remodel and I am ready to start crafting in my new space! 

If you are new to the site, you can visit my first remodel post here.  We started by prepping the space and of course measuring everything out based on our designs (thank you Pinterest for your endless ideas and inspiration - I can officially say this is a major Pinterest success!).  The closet received a good cleaning and a fresh coat of paint (much needed!). 

Day 2 saw the installation of the cabinets, the second storage shelf and my amazing purple peg board.  Yes, you read right...it's purple.  Go big or go home folks! 

So here we go...

Custom made cabinets which sit under the workspace tabletop are installed.  The closet is about 22" deep, so facing the cabinets out would not have allowed for alot of space to get items in and out without running into the walls.  Taking that into account, we decided to face them in since they will house the larger scrapbook size storage boxes.  
Cabinet Installation
Time to take some measurements for the second storage shelf.  The top shelf was original to the closet and it was pretty much the perfect height to be reached without steps, so we left that shelf as is and installed a second shelf underneath for additional storage.  
The Man, The Myth, The Legend...My Dad! 
Look at those good looking shelves and tabletop!
Storage shelves and tabletop complete
And last but not least, my new purple peg board! I am so happy with how this turned out.  The picture doesn't quite do the color justice, but it is a deep, beautiful purple.  If you are interested in the color inspiration, I have included the paint colors at the end of this post.  Note: The "Favourite Jade" color will be used for some accent items like frames and storage buckets.  Check back for the "move-in" post where I'll show you how I utilized that color!   
Purple PegBoard...The Finishing Touch! 
So there you have it folks! A simple design and a fairly painless project to transform an unused closet into a beautiful craft space! Have you updated a space like this in your home or just want to share some of your thoughts on your favorite craft spots?! Leave a comment below! Check back next week for MOVE-IN DAY!!!

The Color Inspiration


Keep Austin Crafty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment