Thursday, January 3, 2019

Just a friendly note

Hello and Welcome! 

Happy New Year again! I am kicking things off right by playing with some new goodies that I received for Christmas! So without further ado, let's get things started!

Here is today's card...


Start with a cardboard colored cardstock cut for a 3 1/2 x 4 7/8 card as the base.  Next, cut a piece of white cardstock to 3 x 4 3/8 for the bottom layer and the inside sentiment base.  I stamped the images onto the white cardstock using the Stampin' Up A Big Thank You stamp set along with the following inks: Fresh Fig, Powder Pink and Garden Green.  I have been having fun stamping my own paper as the backgrounds rather than using designed cardstock.  I feel like it gives it just a little something extra.  I'm still learning how to position stamps, use multiple layers of ink, etc. but like everything else...practice makes perfect! I added a few strips of white satin ribbon and stick on pearls for a little extra flair.


And here is this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, which I used as a jumping off point.  I'll also be participating in the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Something New.     





















Keep Austin Crafty! 

1 comment:

  1. Designing your own background is a fun way to add some color! Love these colors and your sweet design. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete