Thursday, January 24, 2019

She Shed...It's Move In Day!

Hello and Welcome!

Well, it's finally here! It's move in day! I am so excited to share this final post regarding my closet transformation from junk collecting storage closet to wonderful, organized "she shed".  This has been a fun remodel project and I am so glad that I moved forward with making it happen.  It was a weird thought at first to transform a closet into a craft space, but when I really looked at what the closet was being used for I thought "why not?".  It has only been a few days and  I love this new space.  It is organized, bright, cheery and like every other major project that I do...long overdue.

You can check out my two earlier posts here and here.

So without further ado, here is my final "she shed" space!  Enjoy!



            

The items that were most important to me with this transformation were this: 

1.) Lots of storage...check out the two shelves above the desk, the storage shelves under the desk and cool wire baskets on the pegboard.
2.) Lots of light...most of my work is done once the house is quiet for the night.  We installed these wonderful lights under the shelf that give off so much light you'd think it was the middle of the day when it's really the middle of the night. 
3.) Easy access...check out that cool purple pegboard with its handy baskets and hooks.
4.) A place to call my own...check, check and check! 

Wouldn't be a proper "renovation" post without a Before/After picture!



Unlike other samples that we saw on Pinterest, etc., we decided to keep the doors on the closet.  This keeps my 4 year old from decorating my desk with princess stickers and it serves as a good way to close things up because I promise my craft space is never this clean.

A shout out to my wonderful Dad for all his work helping me bring this project to life!!

Well, I hope this little project has inspired you to find your crafting space or make one if you don't have one.  I promise you will be so glad you did!

Keep Austin Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment