Thursday, January 10, 2019

She Shed...kind of...

Hello and Welcome!

Well, it's finally happening! I am getting a she shed...well not exactly.  I haven't been forced to actually having a shed in the backyard (although my humongous backyard could handle it), but I have decided to convert one of our extra closets into a crafting spot!  My own little spot of the house to create, be inspired, leave a mess or keep tidy.   

After searching Pinterest for ideas and inspiration, I finally decided to move forward with this project.  So I drew up a design, picked some colors and got to work.  I have enlisted the help of my wonderful dad who is helping bring my craft room to life.  Since I started this blog to share crafting ideas, I thought I would share this project as well. 

So Day 1 or rather "demo day"...for those fans of Joanna Gaines!


I wish I had taken a true "before" picture.  The picture above is after a major Christmas break clean out which involved several trips to the Goodwill and also a fresh coat of paint.  You can see that we have removed the moldings from the bottom of the closet.  We also removed the original bar where clothes would hang.  New shelving has been painted and my dad is putting the finishing touches to my custom made cabinets.

Stay tuned for more craft closet updates!

Keep Austin Crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment