Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Clean and Simple

Hello and Welcome!

A happy Tuesday to all of you.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I love when a card just comes together so nice and neat.  Sometimes I go through so many changes to a card that I can't even remember what my original thought was and sometimes cards have to be scrapped all together.  But that's the creative process and don't we all love it?!?

However, that wasn't the case with today's card...


It just brings a smile to my face seeing that beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I love that the burst of color really helps to make them the focus of the card. 

Step-by-step instructions

1.) Start with a piece of kraft cardstock as the card base (the finished card measures at 4 7/8" x 3 1/2").
2.) Cut two pieces of cardstock (one white, one kraft) at 4 3/8" x 3" for the two layered pieces.
3.) Die cut the shape of your choice (I chose a circle for this card) on the piece of kraft cardstock.
4.) Adhere the two layered pieces to the card base.
5.) Stamp the bouquet in Stampin' Up Early Espresso.
6.) Add the coloring of your choice to the stamped image. I used my Firefly Alcohol Markers in the following colors: Pale Green, Vivid Green, Rose Red, Old Red and Yellow Ochre
7.) Die cut a banner shape and stamp a "Thank You" sentiment in Stampin' Up Early Espresso.
8.) Adhere the sentiment die cut using adhesive dimensionals
9.) I added a silver button and linen thread for extra dimension.

See a close up of those bright colors below...



I will be entering this card into the challenges listed below.

Simon Says Monday Challenge: Alcohol Inks

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Clean and Simple

Keep Austin Crafty!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I love this CAS design. I really like your details on the sentiment banner. Love the button and the double bow. Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you'll join us again soon ~
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete