Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Wreaths and Bows

Hello and Welcome!

I am excited to share today's post because as promised I have finished my first card using my new Alpine Adventure Stampin' Up set!  I had so much fun playing with the die-cuts and stamps and I know I am going to get a ton of use out of this set!

The hubby and I recently took a trip to Colorado for the first time and absolutely fell in love with the scenery.  The mountains were magnificent in the summer and I can't wait to go back to see the true magic of those same mountains covered in snow.  When I saw this Alpine Adventure set, I knew that I wanted to use that trip as inspiration for creating a set of mountain/skiing/sledding themed cards this Christmas!

The layout inspiration for today's card came from the wonderful team at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Here is the sketch...


And here is my card...



The lovely background paper is from the Merry and Bright Collection by BoBunny.  All of the ink is stamped in Early Espresso and I love how the dark reds and browns came together.  I went pretty simple for the inside with a quick stamped "Christmas Greetings" and snowflake border.     

Keep Austin Crafty! 

4 comments:

  1. Your card is a perfect Christmas in Colorado make, and I like those 3 wreath accents! Great job on the sketch, and thanks for sharing it with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card!!
    I traveled through CO in summertime as a child and would love to go back and see the mountains with snow, too!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was now why didn't I think of that I LOVE your wreaths - what a great idea. I also love the deep rich colors. Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Colorado is my home state. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete