Thursday, October 25, 2018

Fall is in the Air

Hello and Welcome!

Well, it has been a busy week and I cannot say how excited I am to be back in my little crafting area!  It is nice to take a break and let my creative side take the lead for just a few minutes.

I did have the chance this week to rummage through my mom's card making supplies and I think I was able to come up with some fun and new ideas.  I have been looking forward to actually making a "fall" card with dark oranges, browns and reds, so that was my goal for this week.  I kind of skipped directly to making my Christmas cards and completely forgot about the beautiful (and peaceful) colors of fall.  So here it goes...

I was inspired by two challenges this week.  The layout for the card came from the team at Freshly Made Sketches and the color inspiration came from The Color Throwdown.

Here is the sketch and color palette...


And here is my card...



Well, if that card doesn't say, "come enjoy a nice cup of coffee on this cool, crisp morning" then I don't know what will...haha! 

Supplies used: Sizzix Woodland Textured Embossing folder, Sizzix pumpkin spice framelits, SU Seasonal Layers, SU Early Espresso ink, and SU Metallics Sequin Assortment (bling, bling!)

This card was so fun to make and I hope to see you again before the week is up for another card creation! 

Keep Austin Crafty! 




5 comments:

  1. Angela...so love the spirit of your fall coffee. The embossed background and leaves bring it all together. Great use of the colors. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel Fall with this pretty card! I love the colors and the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fall design and how ironic that I was sipping on some coffee flavored with maple almond milk as I was checking out the gallery! So glad you joined us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and a great way to combine the challenges! The warm colors work perfectly with the images you've chosen. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete