Sunday, October 14, 2018

Lovely Flower Pot

Hello and Welcome!

Thanks for joining me today! I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.  I am back today to share a card that was made during the quiet of a rare afternoon nap by my 4 year old.  It is a somewhat simple card, but I was thrilled to be able to use my new flower pot stamp (found this one and a few others for a bargain at a recent yard sale...boy do I love a good yard sale!).  I thought card making was relaxing, but enjoying the quiet and coloring in those beautiful flowers was a much needed stress reliever.

I'm also entering this into this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I know it is a very loose interpretation of the sketch, but I thought the circular design of the background paper lent itself to the three circular designs at the bottom of the sketch.  I know, I know...loose interpretation like I said.

I also found a new challenge while looking around on some of my favorite sites.  I found the CAS-ual Fridays challenge and turns out the color scheme that I randomly choose for this card (pinks and greys) fits this week's challenge.  So I think I'll go ahead and join that challenge for the first time! 

Here is the sketch and the color scheme...

 


And here is my card...




I hope to use my markers for more stamp coloring projects in the future.  I think it really adds a nice touch to the stamps.

Supplies Used: Jack and Jill by Lori Whitlock paper, Firefly alcohol markers, twine and Sizzix oval framelits

P.S...Don't forget to pick your favorite Christmas card here!!!

Keep Austin Crafty!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors - the vase of flowers is lovely! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Can't wait to see what the design team comes up with for this week's sketch!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely vase of flowers! Your colouring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For my first time trying it out, I was happy with the result!

      Delete
  3. Love the soft, delicate colors you used. Very pretty layout and card. Thanks so much for joining us at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vase of flowers! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete