Friday, October 12, 2018

The Bee's Knees

Hello and Welcome!

Back today to play along with this week's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches.  I was so excited to see this week's challenge because I recently splurged and purchased the square version of the Sizzix framelits.  Talk about the perfect place to use these for the first time! I also have been dying to use these little bumblebee die cuts! My wonderful mom (who is also a card maker) made these for me to use on a rainy day and boy do they make me smile.

Here is the sketch...


And here is my card...


I added some fun, honeycomb paper behind the bumblebees and the yellow embellishments seemed like the perfect touch! I usually try to pop one or more panels, but I thought the embellishments helped add that dimension instead.

So I made this square card as a 5" x 5", but I seem to be having a bit of a dilemma finding an envelope that will fit that size card?!?  Any ideas from anyone? Do fellow crafters make their own envelopes or am I missing something on any of the big craft store websites? I thought that size card would be standard, but I might have made a newbie mistake on that one.

P.S....Don't forget to pick your favorite holiday card from yesterday's post here!

Keep Austin Crafty!


5 comments:

  1. Really cute! Love the geometric elements. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! I loved this week's sketch!

      Delete
  2. This is just adorable with those cute bees and wonderful honeycomb bits of dsp! Thanks for sharing your fun card with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge. As for square cards, they cost more to mail, so I just drop a 5" square card into a 5x7 envelope for mailing - it still costs just one stamp that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol! And thanks for your suggestion on the envelope...much appreciated!!

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love those bees and your dies are perfect for our sketch!! Sweet card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete