Friday, November 23, 2018

Just keep it simple...

Hello and Welcome!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving.  The family and I had a wonderful day and I am so very thankful that I was able to spend the day with the people that I love!

I am back today to share a simple "thanks a bunch" card.  We are having some beautiful weather today and it has inspired me to play with some bright colors and keep it simple.  I completed two cards and I thought I would complete a few more to make a card set as a Christmas gift for my mother-in-law.

Here are my two cards...



And shown as a set so far...


The sentiment "Thanks a Bunch" is stamped on the inside with black ink.  I think this is the first card I've made with no sentiment on the front and at first I thought "hmmm...it definitely needs something", but the more I thought about it I figured I would just let the beautiful die cut flowers take center stage.  

Supplies used: Jack and Jill by Lori Whitlock and Recollections for the card stock, flower die cuts (came in an Amazon pack so I don't have any details), and Recollections bling stickers

I am entering this card into the following challenges: 








11.23.18 8:48pm update: Ok somehow I managed to finish off two more cards today (Thanksgiving Day = one tired 4 year old who spent alot of time coloring and painting her own handmade cards today)!  I changed up the backgrounds and added a partial sentiment on the front.  I changed the inside to read "Thanks for your Thoughtfulness" and thought the "A Note Of" comment on the front added the perfect touch.  Now all that's left is to package these goodies for Christmas!




Keep Austin Crafty!

10 comments:

  1. These are great cards with those big, layered colorful flowers and beautiful papers! Love the inside sentiment too! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards! These will make a great gift for your MIL!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are beautiful! Such a great set to give as a gift! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! So bright and cheery. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh your cards turned out great - I love fresh pretty flowers all year long and your MIL is going to love this gift!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty set of cards, they will make a lovely gift. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get these packaged for under the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely collection of cards - similar, yet different. The recipient is going to be very happy! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created a lovely set of cards! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful set of cards! I love the backgrounds you created for them. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete