Thursday, November 1, 2018

Happy Birthday Blues!



Hello and Welcome!

Two posts in one day!  That is a first!  It was a beautiful sunny day and I think the sunshine coming into my craft area just inspired me to keep creating!  So here it goes...

I finished up a birthday card for my brother-in-law that will need to get in the mail ASAP.  I struggled trying to craft up some masculine colors for my card, but in the end I just went with lots of blues.  I used this week's sketch from The Paper Players as a jumping off point. 

Here is the sketch...



And here is my card...


I thought the contrasting blues went well with the wood background.  I popped the "Celebrate" die-cut to make it look more like a banner sitting on the twine.  This is the first card that I've made that will go to a guy, so I didn't want to add too many bows or bling...that was hard!! 

Supplies used: Jack and Jill by Lori Whitlock cardstock, Sizzix birthday framelits and stamp set, SU Dapper Denim ink, SU linen twine, Recollections embellishments

Keep Austin Crafty!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela - what a great masculine card, I love your choice of blues paired with all that woodgrain and your banner sentiment works really well. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week - hope you play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete