Friday, November 30, 2018

Just Believe...

Hello and Welcome!

I am sharing a project today that was really inspired by this week's color challenge at The Color Throwdown.  When I saw the colors I couldn't wait to use them for the card/tag project that I had in mind for the wrapping of some gift card sets for my girlfriends.  I say card/tag because they are about the size of a card, but only flip front to back rather than open like a card.  Maybe the pictures will be able to describe that better :/

Today's Card
Front of card
Back of card
And shown together

So hopefully from the pictures you can see that you simply flip the card over for the sentiments.  I am planning to punch a small hole in the top left corner to run the ribbon through and tie them around the gift bags.  They measure 3 1/2" x 5", so there was plenty of room for stamping and bling but still small enough to (hopefully) attach nicely to the gift bag.  

I stamped all the images in black ink and the shimmering gray paper actually turned the ink to a sort of gray.  It came out quite lovely which I'm thankful for because at first I was a little skeptical of using the black ink.  It didn't seem quite festive enough, but I used what I had and I love the result.

Here are the challenges that I was playing along with for today's project:




 

Keep Austin Crafty!   

3 comments:

  1. Lovley card/tag Angela. The shimmery cardstock gives it a real festive feel and I love the contrast of the white snowflakes against the grey. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing aloing and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the way you have used the ribbon on your card - it's lovely and delicate. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea, Andrea - a card/tag is perfect for those extra large gift boxes!! Such a beautiful creation, love the muted colour palette. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete