Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Card: Sketch Challenge

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post.  I needed a little creative time this weekend and decided to participate in this week's challenge over at the Paper Players.  I love playing along with challenges because they give me the chance to be creative while still getting at least a starting point whether it be a sketch, color scheme, etc.  

And here is today's project...


So I'm sure everyone knows by now my love of vellum! This particular sheet of Designer Series Paper has some very bold colors in my opinion, so that layer of vellum really just adds to the softness of the card.  The small strip of Fresh Fig is stamped with one of the border stamps from the Beautiful Promenade stamp and I think it gives that small strip just a little bit more character.  You can see below that I added that same strip across the inside, bottom.  I have been trying to be more particular on the stamp sets that I have been purchasing now that I am getting quite the little collection.  My next goal is to really start building a collection that not only gives great front sentiments, but also some beautiful sayings for the inside of a card.  

Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Crumb Cake, Fresh Fig, Whisper White, Vellum, Designer Series Paper
Stamp Set: Beautiful Promenade
Ink: Fresh Fig, Crumb Cake
Tools: Layering Circles die cut, Sprig Punch, Beautiful Layers die cut
Accessories: White satin ribbon



Ok so I realized after it was too late that I actually put the sentiment in the wrong place (see sketch below) :( But I'm going to go with it and call it creative interpretation! Blame mommy brain on that one because I was pretty sure I nailed it this week...but not so much! Haha!

Today's project was inspired by the following challenge:

The Paper Players


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And don't forget...

WEDNESDAY IS THE FINAL DAY TO EARN DURING BONUS DAYS! 


Check out all the details HERE! And Happy Shopping! 


Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

3 comments:

  1. No worries about the sentiment...your papers are beautiful and we're glad that you joined us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wanda! I just had it in my head that the sentiment should go down that side strip for some reason! Had fun creating this card though. Can't wait for next week's challenge!!

      Delete
  2. I think the sentiment is perfect where you placed it! Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete