Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Sampler: Good Morning Magnolia

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! I am sharing a project today that I have had the most fun creating! I needed a little creative break from cards and thought I would explore the possibility of making a beautiful sampler featuring the Good Morning Magnolia suite!  I have made only one sampler before using a little Pinterest inspiration that featured the retired Share What You Love suite.  So here is my first try at an original creation!

And here is today's project...


It is safe to say that the Good Morning Magnolia suite is by far my favorite of this year's Stampin' Up! catalog.  I have enjoyed each of the cards that I have created with this set and I am so glad that I chose this suite for my first sampler.  The Designer Series Paper and those lovely magnolia flowers just steal the show! 

The coordinating cardstock colors used for this project were Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake.  The Crumb Cake just served as a nice, neutral base behind each sheet of designer paper.  In addition, a small sheet of vellum underneath the magnolias really softened up that section of the frame.  The "Smile" sentiment was heat embossed with white embossing powder. 

I picked up the simple, white frame at Michael's and it measures 8" x 8".  Once I had my basic layout (i.e. one big rectangle up top and then three smaller sections on the bottom), the design came together quite quickly.  As I finished it up, I thought it seemed like a very basic layout that could definitely be "CASEd" quite easily using a variety of different DSPs.  This seems like the perfect little gift for a friend or loved one! 


Sampler Details 
Size: 8" x 8"
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Vellum, Whisper White, Good Morning Magnolia Designer Series Paper
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Versamark, White Embossing Powder
Stamp Set: Daisy Lane, A Big Thank You, Good Morning Magnolia
Tools: Magnolia Memory Dies, Beautiful Layers Dies
Accessories: Magnolia Ribbon Set, Linen Twine, Silver Button, Metallic Sequins

Today's project was inspired by the following challenge: 

SUO Challenges -


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And don't forget...

BONUS DAYS ARE BACK! 


Check out all the details HERE! And Happy Shopping! 


Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and so nice to see something other than a card - inspiring - say Howdy to Texas for me - I used to live in Houston for a while before coming back home to the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops forgot to say thanks for joining us at SUO Challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy from Texas! Thanks Fiona! Enjoyed participating in this week's challenge!

      Delete
  3. Love this design. Is this a "shadowbox" type frame or just a simple 8x8 picture frame? Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I havent done this yet and want to research to correct type frame. thank you for your answer in advance
    Regards,Lyndell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyndell,

      Yes, it is an 8" x 8" "shadowbox" frame. The magnolia die cuts have a 3D look to them. I would definitely recommend using the shadowbox, so you can keep that added dimension. I bought my frame in a three pack from Michael's. Hope this helps!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous and such a great home decor item. Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you again tomorrow for a new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! I've never made a sampler like that before, I love how you did it. Great use of the magnolia suite too. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you for our next challenge starting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angela, your sampler is beautiful, do you have the measurements
    Thanks
    Sheila Pybus - Western Australia

    ReplyDelete