Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Card: Peaceful Poppies with a Heart Twist

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! I hope everyone is staying healthy, positive and finding ways to be thankful during this difficult time.  I have been sincerely enjoying this time with my family and am trying to take time to enjoy the simple things in life.

I thought I would get started on a few upcoming holiday cards in my spare time and wanted to play along with the Peaceful Poppies paper with today's project.  This paper is beautiful, says "Spring" like no other and I love the coordinating color combinations.

And here is today's project...


Today's project combines a variety of different sets and shows just how versatile the Stampin' Up! products can be.  The base of this card is the Crumb Cake cardstock and then features the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper as the focal point of the card!  For the center portion, you can use a circle punch or the Layering Circles die-cuts to create your focus.  The hearts are a combination of  the Scalloped Heart Punch available with the From My Heart suite and the stitched mini hearts from the Be Mine die-cuts (retired).  Pair those lovely hearts with some faceted gems and linen twine to pull the whole card together! Lovely!

I made two different versions because I was so inspired with this layout and did not want any of this beautiful paper to go to waste! Do you have a favorite?! 




Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Paper: Crumb Cake, Peaceful Poppies, Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Mossy Meadow
Stamp Set: Sunshine Sayings
Tools: Layering Circles die-cuts, Be Mine Stitched die-cuts, Scalloped Heart Punch, Banner Punch
Accessories: Linen Twine, From My Heart faceted gems

Today's project was inspired by the following challenge:


SUO Challenges -


Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Check at the ATXPaperHouse Card of the Month Club!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.   New Listings Just Added! 

7 comments:

  1. So pretty, Angela - these poppy sheets are some of my fave ever, lol. Love your little details, the hearts really pop! Your inside detail is so perfect, too - I have to remember to do that! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Yes, the poppies are so lovely and cheery! I love it against that bright green paper. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the way that you have combined the poppy paper with the From My Heart Suite. It is such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards! I love that poppy DSP, I just haven't been brave enough to cut into it yet :) The Crumb Cake card base really makes the pink and green on the DSP pop. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges, be on the lookout for a new challenge starting tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! I always have trouble cutting up the beautiful DSP too! But you just have to go for knowing that it will create beautiful cards :) Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  4. I love how this turned out because it's so unexpected. It's fabulous. We are so very happy you were able to join us at suochallenges.com and hope to see you again tomorrow. Be safe and well.

    ReplyDelete