Saturday, April 18, 2020

Card: A Flowering Desert

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post and Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is able to enjoy a restful and peaceful Saturday.  It has been a busy few weeks between working and schooling from home, so I was thankful to have a few minutes to be creative and regroup this morning.  We are hoping that the rain holds off this afternoon for some much needed time out in our garden.  

And here is this morning's project...


Today's project is a mix of old and new products.  I designed this for my grandpa who used to travel the country in his RV and motorcycle.  He loved taking in the scenery along his Texas drives and I hope this card reminds him of those times.  I have to admit that this stamp set (Flowering Desert) did not get inked up enough and I am glad I pulled it out for this card.  It is lovely and creates such a calming image.  I mixed the Flowering Desert with some newer (and now available) products such as the Tropical Oasis DSP and Ornate Thanks stamp set for the sentiment.  A quick add of Gilded Gems and you've created a simple and lovely card.  


I added some additional details to the inside of the card.  I couldn't put the stamps and inks away because I was just having too much fun.  I carried the Ornate Thanks sentiment to the inside of the card and used a few stamped details to the envelope to finish things off.  

Be sure to tell someone you love that they are amazing today! I know I have plenty of people in my life that amaze me and I hope I tell them often enough.  

Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Paper: Night of Navy, Tropical Oasis DSP, Whisper White
Stamps: Flowering Desert, Ornate Thanks
Ink: Old Olive, Terracotta Tile, Crumb Cake
Tools: Subtle 3D Embossing Folder, Banner Punch
Accessories: Gilded Gems

Today's project was inspired by the following challenges:



Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Check at the ATXPaperHouse Card of the Month Club!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.   New Listings Just Added! 



4 comments:

  1. I love your color choices for this card, and I love the serene look of the cacti in this pretty scene. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card; your grandpa is sure to love it! The navy is a perfect backdrop for your cacti-which are really fun images, btw. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee Ann! Great sketch this week! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete