Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Don't forget about the envelope!

Hello and Welcome!

A happy Tuesday to all of you out there! I am excited to share today's post as it focuses on a part of the card that I think gets forgotten sometimes or at least I forget that there's so much more you can do with it...and that's the envelope!

I always have a set of Stampin' Up! Whisper White medium envelopes on hand for my cards.  I tend to stick to the 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" standard size card, so they are just good to have in my stash.  However, I have been attempting to branch out on my card sizes (in particular the square cards), so I recently invested in the Stampin' Up! Envelope Punch Board (product #133774).  And boy does it not disappoint!

I am still getting use to working with this little tool, but I thought I would share with you one of my first projects.  Now the possibilities are really endless with this tool, so keep that in mind. Last week, I shared one my new square card designs (you can see that card here).  The card size was 3.5" x 3.5" and I decided to work with the Envelope Punch Board to design a custom envelope. 









With the punch board, you can create up to 66 different sizes of envelope.  Yes, you read right...66 sizes.  Today, I created a simple white envelope for a 3.5" x 3.5" square card.  Instructions and paper dimensions come with the tool, so it is a very simple process to follow.  





Since this was one of my first projects, I decided to keep it pretty simple with the Whisper White card stock.  However, I didn't want to "forget" about the envelope, so I created the inside liner using the matching DSP from the card.  So even though my envelope may be a standard white, there is that pop of color when you open it up! And that color continues on with the card.

The envelopes are secured with a few simple lines of tear and tape adhesive.  Along that small line of white next to the DSP liner, I added another line of tear and tape; however, with this line the paper backing is left on until the card is ready to send.








I hope today's post reminds you that the beauty of your card doesn't have to end with your card! Jazz up your envelope by creating a custom one, adding a custom liner or even stamping a small portion of your design on the envelope.  How do you decorate your envelopes?!

Keep Austin Crafty!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

No comments:

Post a Comment