Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Card: Clean and Simple Flowering Desert

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today’s post! I am back today to share a very simple card featuring the Flowering Desert stamp set.  This is the first time that I have inked this set up and I’m so glad I finally got the chance to play with it.  I really wanted to feature the stamp set, so I kept today's card pretty simple.  

And here is today’s card...


Clean and simple, right!? The beautiful greens and browns are featured up top with a splash of blue to tie into the sentiment below.  We are on the tail end of bluebonnet season here in Texas and while today's card features more of a cactus look, the colors remind me of the deep blues and greens we have been seeing all around Austin and into the Hill Country.  

Card Details 

Card Size: 4 1/14" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy
Ink: Garden Green, Dapper Denim, Crumb Cake
Stamp Set: Flowering Desert, Work of Art
Tools: Rectangle Stitched Die Cut
Accessories: Linen twine


  
Today's card was inspired by the following challenges: 

Sketch Challenge


Keep Austin Crafty!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty card and a great take on my sketch at SUO Challenge. I used to live in Texas and remember the Blue Bonnets! I'm now back in cold old England lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona! All of our wildflowers were beautiful this year!! Made for beautiful drives through the Texas Hill Country!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card using the Flowering desert stamp set. I love the clean and simple lines of your card. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! I moved away from Texas and I miss bluebonnet season, but at least I still get to see bluebonnet pictures from my friends in Texas :) Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! I still need to ink this one up. Thank you so very much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com for our challenges. We hope to see you back today for our new Celebrations theme.

    ReplyDelete