Thursday, April 25, 2019

Card: You are the Best!

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post.  So if you read last week's posts, you know how much I love Fresh Fig.  Well, here we go again with Fresh Fig...it's just too good! Today I paired it with the lovely Very Vanilla cardstock and I think I love it even more...is that possible?!

I also tried a new technique called "Paper Piecing" (thank you Paper Players for the challenge).  I'm not sure I picked the best stamp set to work with on this technique, but the technique is definitely one I will try again.  It was fun to use the Designer Series Paper in this way and give the card a little extra texture.  

And here is today's card...


The Fresh Fig against the Very Vanilla really makes the color pop! Add a little velvet ribbon and you have a lovely combination of colors.  So let's get to the details...

The paper piecing technique is used on the side flowers.  I went back and forth on what part of the centerpiece to "pop" with dimensionals and I decided on the sentiment portion itself.  I started by stamping the large flowers (Sunshine Sayings stamp set) on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then stamped the same flower image on a piece of Share What You Love DSP.  I fussy cut the stamped DSP image and adhered to the Very Vanilla image using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.  I fussy cut the Very Vanilla image and adhered to the card base using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.  I then stamped additional flower images from the A Big Thank You stamp set to the card base for added detail.  The sentiment and border is stamped in Fresh Fig (obviously!) and adhered to the card base using dimensionals.  

I pulled out my Envelope Punch Board and handmade the matching envelope and included the Share What You Love as the envelope liner.  Finishes the card nicely! 

Card Details
Card Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Very Vanilla, Share What You Love DSP
Ink: Fresh Fig
Stamp Set: A Big Thank You, Sunshine Sayings
Tools: Rectangle Stitched Die Cuts
Accessories: Fresh Fig velvet ribbon, Share What You Love adhesive pearls




Today's card was inspired by the following challenges: 






Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Check at the ATXPaperHouse Card of the Month Club!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy ShopNEW cards added this week! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearance Rack

Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack REFRESH! Don't forget to check out the Clearance Rack for the latest deals and steals! These products sell out quickly and are only available while supplies last! Search for Angela Slutz, Texas and click "SHOP NOW"! Happy Shopping!

8 comments:

  1. First, I love velvet ribbon popped on there behind your lovely centerpiece! Great piecing flowers, too! Thanks for playing in the challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Windy! The ribbon just adds that extra bit of pop!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card! I love your use of stamps and ribbon for the scrolly element!!
    Thanks for playing along with us for our 500th sketch challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Great way to use that beautiful DSP and equally-beautiful ribbon! Very eye-catching! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank LeAnne! Can't wait to try the paper piecing technique again soon!

      Delete
  4. OMG this is just stunning!! Ditto all of the above I love it so much! Thanks so much for joining us for our 500th sketch challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti! Loved this week's sketch and had fun playing along :)

      Delete