Saturday, April 6, 2019

Card: Keepin' it Simple Saturday

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post.  Hope all my lovely crafters have had a relaxing and peaceful Saturday.  It was quite rainy here today, so it made for plenty of quiet, crafting time.  So much so that I was able to pull off this simple rooster card set.  I purchased the "Home to Roost" stamp set as part of my last Sale-a-Bration spree and I'm so glad I did.  I wasn't sure at first if it would come to much use for me, but boy do I see the possibilities now! This little rooster is so gosh darn cute and I think I'll be seeing lots of him in the future.  

And here is today's card...


This card was clean and simple to create.  Once I finished one, I thought this would be a perfect card to make as a set, so I pulled out my Stamparatus and cooked up four more! 

I was really excited about this card because it allowed me to try a new technique (new to me anyways) called "masking".  I have to give a shout out to Fiona Whitten at Oakfield Crafts as her Home to Roost card featured this technique and I was excited to give it a try.  I couldn't figure out how others were able to bring the rooster to the front of the background stamp, so my Pinterest searches led me to Fiona's website and my little rooster in the grass was born! 

So here is how the masking is done...

1.)  Stamp the image (in this case the rooster) on the cardstock. 
2.)  Stamp the image again on a scrap sheet of paper.  Note: Fiona recommends using a post-it-note for this step as it comes with an adhesive back.  I was fresh out of post-it-notes, so scrap cardstock to the rescue.  
3.)  Fussy cut the re-stamped image and stick it over the image on the cardstock.  Note: I added a bit of washi tape to my re-stamped image to make it stick.
4.)  Stamp background (in this case the grass) over the re-stamped image and then peel the re-stamped image off.  

Viola! One beautiful rooster taking a stroll through the grass!


Card Details

Card Size:  4 7/8" x 3 1/2"
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Dapper Denim
Stamps: Home to Roost
Tools: Stamparatus


Keep Austin Crafty!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project! 
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment