Sunday, January 24, 2021

Card: Stitched Valentine's Day

Hello and Welcome! 

Welcome to today's post! Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and I was excited this weekend to pull out my reds and pinks for today's card! I started with a little inspiration from the Stampin' Pretty Sketchbook.  When I saw sketch #19, I couldn't wait to try it out.  I'm loving my new Stitched Shapes die-cuts, so I was thrilled to be able to use these die-cuts in such an innovative way.  You can check out the sketch and the Stampin' Pretty inspiration here.  

And here is today's project...


Isn't this the neatest way to use these stitched squares?! I featured the retired From My Heart DSP for this card and I love the finished product! I was such a fan of this DSP and it was a huge hit when featured during last year's Valentine's Day card making event at my local library.   I still have just a few scraps left and I love when I can put those scraps to use.  I love that I was able to use a nice selection of Valentine's items from the retired DSP to the current Heartfelt stamp set.  

A "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment surrounded by sweet, little hearts finishes up the project.  Don't forget to add those embellishments for some extra love! 

 
Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Basic White, Real Red, From My Heart DSP
Ink: Real Red
Stamps: Meant to Be, Heartfelt 
Tools: Heart Punch, Be Mine Stitched die-cuts
Accessories: Real Red Satin Ribbon, From My Heart embellishments

Marley's Corner!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check back next week for another addition to Marley's Corner! 



Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.   

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Cute idea and thank you for sharing :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This card was so fun to put together! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a darling Valentine! I don't know how you kept the squares straight and so alighned! That looks very difficult...?? TY for sharing :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It actually was easier than you would think because the die-cuts are all straight and the same size! Such a fun and cute way to put them together! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. What size are those little squares? I don't have that die cut but I'd love to know the math for doing a similar card! Such a pretty design.

    ReplyDelete