Sunday, January 17, 2021

Card: Step it Up

Hello and Welcome! 

Welcome to today's post! I was so excited to finally pull out the A Touch of Ink set featuring the beautiful and tranquil hummingbird images.  I wasn't quite sure how I would use these stamps when I first saw the set; however, I'm so glad I decided to test them out.  I love how these cards came out.  I decided to do my own "Step It Up" project featuring the stamp set and so took a little inspiration from Stampin' Up's great ideas on how to "Step It Up".

And here is today's project...


The card above was my final card in a set of three.  I started with simple paper, ink and stamps (see below) then added a quick and easy die-cut then moved on to the card you see above that I like to call "everything but the kitchen sink".  The colors featured in today's card are Mint Macaron, Powder Pink, Tuxedo Black and Gray Granite.  I decided to use Versamark ink on the background to create the soft, subtle leaves on the bottom layer.  With each layer, I used the mini dimensionals to pop the cardstock giving each layer some added height. A simple string of white twine adds just the right touch to the front and inside of the card.  I continued the leaf stamp onto the inside with Mint Macaron.    
 

Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Mint Macaron, Whisper White, Vellum
Stamps: A Touch of Ink, Make a Difference, Sunshine Sayings
Ink: Mint Macaron, Tuxedo Black, Powder Pink, Versamark, Gray Granite
Tools: Potted Succulent die-cuts, Be Mine die-cuts
Accessories: From My Heart faceted gems, white twine

So now on to the "Step It Up" part...I love how simple this set is.  All you need is paper, ink and stamps to create a clean and simple card.  I've shown all three cards below as well as some individuals of the simpler cards.  




Clean and Simple: Paper, Ink and Stamps - you can even try your Stampin' Blends on the hummingbird!



Clean and Simple plus a die-cut and background: Create a stamped background and use a die-cut to focus your sentiment.  


Marley's Corner!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marley created her own hummingbird for this week's "Marley's Corner".  It was filled with color and creativity! 




Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.   




2 comments:

  1. love your cards! so pretty! do you email your blog to those who subscribe to it? I follow a lot of blogs that way but I didn't see a place to subscribe to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry! I'm so glad you enjoy my ATXPaperHouse cards! I love knowing that I can inspire others with my creations! I don't currently have the subscribe feature; however, I typically post on Sundays. You can usually stop by then to check out my latest card! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete