Sunday, November 15, 2020

Card: A Very Merry Christmas

Hello and Welcome! 

Welcome to today's post! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! The holidays are coming up fast and I was so excited to bring out the reds and greens in anticipation of the Christmas season!  I am so ready to put up the Christmas tree and decorate and since it is still just a tad bit early for me...I made Christmas cards instead :) 

And here is today's project...



I absolutely love how this card turned out.  I wasn't quite sure what the final product would look like and it was kind of fun to experiment with new designs.  I have seen this "scrappy" technique used before and I love how it paired with the new Celebration Labels die-cuts.  I have been working on a Christmas card kit for our local library and I had a whole stack of Heartwarming Hugs DSP scraps that I had to put to good use! So I measured out strips in sizes ranging from 0.5" to 1.5" and secured them together.  Then I ran the scraps through the die-cut machine using the Celebration Labels die-cuts.  Viola! A pieced together look of all those beautiful DSP designs.  Check out some more pics below! 



Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Mossy Meadow cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Heartwarming Hugs DSP
Ink: Real Red, Mossy and Old Olive
Stamps: Half Full, Alpine Adventure, Ornate Thanks
Tools: Celebration Labels die-cuts
Accessories: Real Red satin ribbon, Sequins for Everything



Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

4 comments:

  1. Love this. Thank you for sharing. Will definitely be CASE-ing later this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy! CASE away! Love when others are inspired by these projects! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. How did you “ secure” the strips? Did you adhere them to a piece of cardstock? I love “ scrappy”!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, the strips were adhered to a piece of white cardstock with tear and tape and then that was run through the die-cut machine! I think "scrappy" is my new favorite!

      Delete