Thursday, June 13, 2019

Card: First Magnolia Flower

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post.  I was so excited to share today's card because it was a very special one for me to make! My sweet mom had her birthday this week and I of course made her a beautiful card featuring none other than the Magnolia Lane suite.  I was super excited to try out the magnolia flower 3-D cut-outs and feature one of the flowers on the card.  I have been playing with the flowers for awhile and I think I finally got them figured out! 

And here is today's card...


Doesn't the flower just steal the show!?!? I sent the layer of Early Espresso through the Wood Plank Embossing folder and covered it with a layer of vellum.  I always think vellum softens up a card and I love the look it gives over a layer of designer paper.  

I used a mix of the Sunshine Sayings and Well Written sets for the sentiment.  And of course the Magnolia Memory Die Cuts. 


Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Vellum, Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper
Ink: Mossy Meadow
Stamp Set: Sunshine Sayings
Tools: Magnolia Memory Dies, Well Written Dies,Wood Plank Embossing Folder
Accessories: Magnolia Ribbon Combo, Share What You Love Pearls

Side note on the photo since it is not my usual white background...I of course forgot to take a picture of the card before it was mailed off! But lucky for me...Mom lives close by so I took a picture at her house ;) Just one of the many reasons I'm so thankful that my whole family calls Austin home! 

Today's card was inspired by the following challenge: 


Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

2 comments:

  1. How very pretty! I'm so fascinated by all the gorgeous layers here - this is such a robust suite - so lovely to see all the creativity with it! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Heather! Yes, definitely one of my favorite suites so far!

      Delete