Saturday, February 9, 2019

Fresh Flowers

Hello and Welcome!

A happy Saturday morning to all of my fellow crafters!  Today I am sharing a card that was made for my dear old dad as a HUGE Thank You for the work he did to help me create the crafting space that I so lovingly call my "she shed".  As you may know, we recently completed the project to turn my extra closet into a craft space and I could not be happier with how it turned out.  Now I have a special place for all my crafting goodies and a quiet space to create cards like the one I am sharing today.  

Here is today's card...

   
Don't you just love all those beautiful flowers going up the edge of the card?! I tried to bring some real garden aspects into the card as well with a dark background and twine as the embellishment.

Step-by-step instructions

1.)  Start with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" as the card base.  
2.)  Using the second and third largest die cuts in the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies series cut one piece in Soft Suede and one piece in Whisper White card stock.  
3.)  Using the smallest die cut of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies series cut one piece of Whisper White card stock and stamp the sentiment in Fresh Fig ink.  
4.)  Stamp the floral background using the A Big Thank You stamp set in Fresh Fig, Powder Pink and Garden Green ink onto the die cut white card stock.

  
5.)  Wrap with Linen Thread and secure the sentiment and added button embellishment with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.  


6.)  Adhere the layer of Soft Suede card stock with Snail Adhesive and the stamped Whisper White layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.  
7.)  Stamp the corner of the envelope with the matching floral background for added color.  

Reminds me of a lovely spring garden! 

I'll be entering this card into the following challenges: 



Global Design Project #175


Keep Austin Crafty! 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! Love the pretty little flower and the angled panel! Your dad will love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Such a fun sketch to play along with this week!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing flowers in the gallery! So refreshing with all of the cold weather we have been having. I love your sweet, pink flowers and your skewed panels. Cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee Ann! I agree...we've been having cold, rainy weather here too so I was in need of some beautiful spring flowers!

      Delete
  3. This such a sweet card! I love so much those pretty flowers as well as the offset panels. Thanks a lot for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cecile! Definitely plan to use the offset panel design again soon!

      Delete
  4. How fabulous that you have a she shed!! The card is a great thank you. I love how you added the linen thread and thank you tag with the dark layer on the bottom. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete