Sunday, January 23, 2022

Card: Getting Ready for Valentine's Day!

Hello and Welcome! 

Welcome to today's post! I realized the other day that Valentine's Day is just a short 22 days away! What?! So today I got started on some Valentine's crafting! I pulled out some oldies but goodies and combined them with one of our more recent stamp sets for today's Valentine's Day creation. 

And here is today's project...



So this is one of those "everything but the kitchen sink" cards! I love it when I can just have fun by adding...and adding...and adding! A sweet combination of die-cuts, punches, twine and embossing come together to create this standard A2 Valentine beauty.  I started with a base of Real Red cardstock and then layered with a sheet of Vellum and From My Heart Designer Series Paper.  Layered on top of that is a fun selection of hearts in all different shapes and sizes.  Don't forget to use your mini-dimensionals to create that 3-D look! I even pulled out the old embossing tool today and worked up the lovely "Lovely You" sentiment surrounded by From My Heart gems.  Check out some close-ups below...



Card Details

Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" 
Paper: Real Red, Vellum, From My Heart DSP, Basic White, Flirty Flamingo
Stamps: Calming Camellia, Meant to Be 
Inks: Real Red, Versamark watermark stamp pad
Tools: Embossing heat tool, Be Mine Stitched die-cuts, Heart Punch Pack
Accessories: From My Heart gems, coordinating twine

 

Today's card was inspired by the following challenge...



Marley's Corner
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marley is back today with a Valentine's Day creation of her own! It was a fun day of crafting in the she shed! She staged her own photo and describes this card as a "Valentine's Day card for Valentine's Day"...nicely said :) 





Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Want to purchase any of the items used in today's project? Pop on over to my online store using the link on the right! 
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.  

7 comments:

  1. Lovely lix of paper and hearts! Sweet Valentine! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful Valentine's Day card! I love all of those hearts and the pretty paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The file of hearts is gorgeous. I will have to come close to replicating it for my Valentine. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the mix of hearts. Love Marleys card too

    ReplyDelete