Sunday, October 18, 2020

Card: Ornate Garden for Challenges

 Hello and Welcome! 

Welcome to today's post! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.  I was able to get into the she shed this weekend and work on a few cards focusing on a fall theme.  We are finally starting to see some signs of fall weather here in Austin and it is glorious! I started with some challenge inspiration for today's featured card.  

And here is today's project...


It may be fall, but I couldn't resist adding just a touch of those beautiful daisies featured in the Ornate Garden DSP.  I think the colors help to give this card that fall feel.  The rich Old Olive against the dark Early Espresso help to make the beautiful bumblebee daisies really stand out.  


I have to say that punches are my new favorite toy! They are so quick and easy to use and can really add a nice touch to any card.  The Lovely Labels punch is one of my most used punches and here it helps to give the sentiment a special stand out.  Do you have a favorite punch!?!

Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Old Olive cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Early Espresso cardstock, Ornate Garden DSP
Ink: Old Olive
Stamps: Beautiful Autumn
Tools: Lovely Labels Pick a Punch, Be Mine Stitched die-cuts
Accessories: Ornate Garden ribbon

Today's post was inspired by the following challenges: 

Freshly Made Sketches
#457



Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...


6 comments:

  1. I love this DSP! Very pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! The papers are perfect for this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Yes, I am such a fan of these paper colors!

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful paper! I love your addition of the leaves in the background and on the inside. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I love to add those little extra touches :)

      Delete