Thursday, March 26, 2020

Card: A Thursday Surprise!

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! Did you miss me on Tuesday?! I sure missed you and what a week it has been! I know there are lots out there like me who are wearing about 10 different hats right now and while you keep going with your head held high and a positive attitude...it sure is exhausting! I needed to switch gears today to do something to feed my soul.  It was the kind of day that required something calming and relaxing!

And here is today's project...



This card has what I like to call "everything but the kitchen sink"!  From embossing folders to die cuts to embellishments, it is just that kind of card to put a smile on anyone's face.  I wanted to feature the Lily Impressions Designer Series Paper with today's card and I paired today's DSP with the Petal Pink cardstock and ink.  Pro tip: I did not actually buy the coordinating Lily Pad die cuts (which are still available by the way); however, I discovered that the Magnolia Memory die cuts have a very similar flower shape.  Using the detailed die cut and solid die cut from that set, I created a very similar lily pad look that I think coordinates well.


Don't forget to include some of that beautiful paper on the inside of your card or envelope as well!

Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Basic Gray, Petal Pink, Lily Impressions DSP, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Petal Pink
Stamps: Flowering Desert
Tools: Magnolia Memory die cuts, Banner Punch, Layering Circles die cuts, Subtle Embossing folder
Accessories: From My Heart faceted gems, Organza Ribbon

Today's card was inspired by the following challenges:




SUO Challenges -



Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Great combo of colors to really set off that gorgeous DSP - love the big flower you added, too! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I love the subtle colors in this DSP :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What a sweet card! I just love the lily and the pretty DSP! I really like that sentiment as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Great sketch from the Freshly Made Sketches team this week :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. The gorgeous flower looks great on the lily background paper. Very nice Springy card! Thanks for playing with us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! Spring with SU is so easy! So many beautiful papers and stamps to choose from! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. The lily die cut is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty in pink! Sweet lily! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Angela! Those water lilies definitely feel peaceful. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you back for the new challenge that just started!

    ReplyDelete