Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Card: A Friendly Thank You!

Hello and Welcome! 

Welcome to today's post! Our next holiday is upon us and I hope everyone has been having fun putting together your beautiful and fun Valentine's Day cards! I held my latest workshop which featured a wide variety of samples to choose from and it was a wonderfully fun day! But a crafter's work is never done...

Today I wanted to feature a card that felt a little out of my comfort zone, but I love the way it turned out! It is not a traditional Valentine, but it does feature the brilliant reds, pinks, blacks and whites that can make a Valentine's Day card really pop!  

And here is today's card...


I pulled out some "oldies but goodies" for today's card and combined them with some of that brilliant Valentine's Day From My Heart DSP.  The card base starts with a simple sheet of Whisper White and is layered with...here comes your "oldie but goodie"...a sheet from the Botanical Butterfly DSP that was available with a previous Stampin' Up! release.  The next layers combine Real Red, Basic Black and Flirty Flamingo which help to tie that cute, little heart die-cut at the right corner.  I even used some old scraps from past Paper Pumpkin kits including the "Thank You" stamp as well as the vellum leaves.  And who doesn't love the Sprig Punch? I have found that that is one of the most versatile punches! Add that POP of Personality with the From My Heart Faceted Gems and you have a beautifully inspired Thank You card for a special friend! 



As I was looking through my stamp stash, I found the inside sentiment from the "A Big Thank You" set.  Again, an "oldie but a goodie" that I thought it was a perfect finish to today's card!  This is your reminder not to forget about those Annual Catalog items! 

Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Paper: Whisper White, Botanical Butterfly DSP, Real Red, Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, From My Heart DSP, Vellum
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Real Red
Stamps: 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit, A Big Thank You, Half Full
Tools: Well Written die-cut, Sprig Punch
Accessories: From My Heart Faceted Gems, 3/8" Red Satin Ribbon

Today's card was inspired by the following challenges: 

Sunday Stamps



The Paper Players




Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Check at the ATXPaperHouse Card of the Month Club!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.   New Listings Just Added! 

10 comments:

  1. Oo, what a cute and flirty tag! Love your layers, and mix of elements - it all sings so well together! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I just love how all these elements came together! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love the black & white & red card - very bold and vibrant colors. Very cute tag, and I love the added embellishments and dimensions. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I always love black and white cards with that pop of color! Such a fun challenge this week!

      Delete
  3. Great job using those colors in the right proportions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's project!

      Delete
  4. What a charming way to say thank you to a friend. The wonky layers look great and really highlight your tag. And the vellum leaves and white sprigs are wonderful details as well. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stef! I always love adding that touch of vellum! It always seems to pull the card together! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty card and I love your take on the sketch!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete