Tuesday, January 14, 2020

It's #SimpleStamping Time!

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! We are back to school, back to work and back to our usual shenanigans as a family now that we have said goodbye to the Christmas holidays.  With all of those things going on, I am always thankful to have some time to reset for the week and enjoy some creative time.

That being said...sometimes I don't have THAT much time to create so welcome to my first edition of #simplestamping! I love the idea of the #simplestamping challenge because it helps to get back to basics while showcasing some beautiful stamps, satisfying that creative itch and just having fun with paper, ink and stamps! I took this opportunity to showcase the gorgeous Thoughtful Blooms set featured in the 2020 Sale-A-Bration catalog!

And here is today's project...



Talk about a simple and fun stamping project.  I love the clean, white background with the beautiful color of flowers.  It makes me think of spring and with this dreary, winter weather it's exactly what I need.

This card starts with a base of Crumb Cake layered with Whisper White and a popped strip of Neutrals 6" x 6" DSP.  The twine bow gives that look of simple, spring bouquet.  I pulled the ink colors from my stash of retired products, but they are still some of my favorites...Powder Pink, Fresh Fig and Garden Green.  The sentiment is stamped in Crumb Cake to coordinate with the base cardstock.  While my ink colors are on the older side, my stamp set is from the all new 2020 Sale-A-Brations catalog...Thoughtful Blooms.  You can get this set for free with a $50 Sale-A-Bration purchase.  For further details on all the fun with Sale-A-Bration, check out my post HERE.




Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Neutrals 6" x 6" DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Fresh Fig, Powder Pink, Garden Green
Stamp: Thoughtful Blooms
Tools: N/A
Accessories: Linen Twine

Today's card was inspired by the following challenges:

SUO Challenges -

SUO Challenge


Fusion Card Challenge


Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

10 comments:

  1. SO pretty, Angela - what a perfect background you created, and I love your color choices! Truly, very elegant! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! So easy with this stamp set to create a simple and elegant card :)

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty card - I love the colours and that touch of paper? ribbon down the front really sets it off. I used to live in Houston so say a big howdy to Texas from me from the cold UK. Thanks for playing with us at SUO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fiona! Yes, it's a small strip of cardstock wrapped with twine :) I thought it did a great job of pulling it all together! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple, but very pretty design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! This was so simple to create and I love how it turned out :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Cheerful card! Great element you made with the gingham DSP and twine wrapped. Thank you so very much for participating over at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you again tomorrow when a new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! Love how simple this design turned out and the twine was just perfect :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I love the colors you used on this! The neutral DSP and card base work so well with the colorful flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at SUO Challenges, we hope to see you for the new challenge that starts today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy! So easy to create with the beautiful Thoughtful Blooms set...Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete