Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Project: Candle Decor

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! Christmas is getting closer and closer! Are you ready?! I certainly am NOT, but I think I feel this way each and every year! I am certainly ready for Christmas break though! This next long vacation cannot come soon enough.  Four days and counting...

This year I was excited because there seemed to be lots of opportunities to showcase some of my papercrafts and share my love of crafting with lots of different people.  From candle exchanges to ornament exchanges, it has been fun thinking of new ways to wrap fun little gifts.

And here is today's project...


My daughter's school hosts a "Moms Christmas Party" each year and I was excited to attend my first event with this mom group.  It included a candle exchange and overall was a wonderful evening. 

This is a very simple and quick project to create.  It starts with a candle as the base and I was just looking to decorate the top of the candle for just a little something extra.  The color combinations are very classic Christmas: Real Red, Mossy Meadow and Whisper White.  Pair those colors with a simple "Merry Christmas" sentiment and holly die-cuts to produce a quick and easy candle topper.  The Layered Circles die-cuts happened to be just the right size and added a great base in the Christmas colors.  Need another project idea?!...This could easily be transformed into a gift tag!



Project Details
Paper: Real Red, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red
Stamp Set: Half Full
Tools: Alpine Adventure die-cuts, Banner Triple Punch, Layering Circles die-cuts
Accessories: Metallic sequins, Linen Twine

Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

No comments:

Post a Comment