Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Card: Sending a little love...

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! I hope everyone's week is off to a good start! I am so excited to announce an upcoming workshop at my local library.  It will be held on February 5, 2020 and will be a Valentine's Day themed workshop! I know it seems like a long time away, but it's never to early to start planning! And it has been nice to take just a teeny, tiny break from Thanksgiving and Christmas card planning!

I ordered the Meant To Be stamp set with coordinating Stitched Be Mine die-cuts as the focus of my Valentine's cards.  Once they were delivered, I couldn't wait to start crafting with them and I wasted no time.  I looked to Pinterest for a little inspiration and decided to CASE the lovely Mary Fish on this first card.  I utilized her card layout; however, decided to change up the color scheme for what I had on hand and showcase the gingham gray cardstock.  I love that design and I find myself using that designed paper in more and more cards!

And here is today's project...


As it gets closer to Valentine's Day, I will start to create my "traditional" cards focusing on the reds, pinks and whites.  But for this first card, I just wanted something subtle and a little less traditional.  It really just gave me a chance to play with the die-cuts and stamps and get a feel for how they would look on a finished project.  The pinks and grays were so cute that I couldn't pass up using them together.  I also love to create my own stamped backgrounds, so I added another layer of stamping on the Whisper White cardstock.


Card Details
Size:   1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Basic Gray, Neutrals 6" x 6", Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Powder Pink and Gray Granite
Stamp Set: Meant to Be
Tools: Stitched Be Mine die-cuts, Rectangle Stitched die-cuts
Accessories: Linen Thread

Tip: I did not have the coordinating Powder Pink cardstock for the flower die-cut.  But instead of using plain white, I gently pushed a scrap of Whisper White to the Powder Pink ink pad and allowed to dry for several minutes.  I then ran that inked scrap through the Big Shot with the die-cut and "ta-da" a beautiful Powder Pink die-cut accent.

Be sure to check out my workshops page for upcoming details on this workshop!


Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

No comments:

Post a Comment