Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Card: A Christmas Classic

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! It has been a busy couple of weeks here for the family in Austin, TX and as we approach the holidays I know it will only be getting busier.  Keeping everything straight and being the master of the family calendar has been requiring another 8 hours in a day.  Anyone know how to increase the number of hours in a day...no??  Ok moving on...

I thought I should start working on my Christmas cards this week, so I pulled out a few of my Christmas things and got to work! I was brand new to Stampin' Up! around this time last year and the first set I bought was the Alpine Adventure stamp set and coordinating die-cuts.  I know there are so many beautiful sets that come out each year; however, I don't think I got my full use out of this set last year, so I've decided to keep using it for this year's cards! I also have so much unused DSP that I am on a mission to try and use it up before the end of the year!  Challenge accepted!

And here is today's card...




Hey Angela, you didn't actually use any Christmas DSP?? You're right, you don't always need Christmas paper to make a Christmas card.  I'm loving that my cards may be a little less traditional in my effort to use up the paper that I have in my stash.  Once again, the gingham paper (part of the Neutrals 6" x 6" set) is great and paired with the Mossy Meadow cardstock really puts me in the Christmas mood.


Love that sled and wreath! I'm glad that I have chosen to use this set again because there are just so many options.  P.S. Inside stamp is simply a Michael's Christmas stamp purchase...needed a lot of good inside sayings so picked this up at a good discount ;) who doesn't love a good sale?!

Card Details
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Paper: Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Merry Merlot Neutrals 6" x 6", Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Stamps:Alpine Adventure
Ink:Mossy Meadow
Tools: Alpine Adventure die-cuts, Layering Circles die-cuts
Accessories: Good Morning Magnolia ribbon


Today's card was inspired by the following challenge:




Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

8 comments:

  1. Angela, this is so lovely! I love these dies, and that wavy sentiment has always been a fave, lol. Beautiful inside sentiment, too - gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! Yes, I'm so glad to be using this set again! Great inspiration from the Sunday Stamps team :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love your main Image using that DIES
    so beautiful and lovely DP you have choosen too
    great using my sketch many thanks…
    many thanks for joining with us at Sunday Stamps this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Love your paper and color choices for this adorable winter sled card. Reminds me of spending time at my grandma's house. Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette! So glad I pulled this set out to use again :)

      Delete
  4. I love this card!!! Can you tell me, did you use a die to cut out the "jingle all the way" or did you "fussy cut" that out? If you used a die, which die set is it in? Thanks much!! Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sue! The sentiment was "fussy cut"...would have definitely made a perfect die-cut though! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete