Thursday, May 30, 2019

Card: Wine Time!

Hello and Welcome! 

Wow! Who can believe it's already Thursday!? This week is flying by and having that extra weekend day for Memorial Day really threw me for a loop.  I thought it was Monday, but it was already Tuesday (i.e. I missed my Tuesday post)...and now it's already Thursday! My little is officially off for summer, so we have been trying to enjoy some outdoor time before the Texas heat takes over!  She was only three days a week for preschool this year, but I quickly realized how much I was able to get done in those few days! Now card-making is being done late into the night as I prepare for my first ever stamp class...YEAH!!! 

So I thought today's card was pretty perfect as we roll into summer which hopefully means a glass of wine (or two) enjoying a gorgeous Texas sunset :) 

And here is today's project...



The Half Full is a new addition to my stamping collection and I am already a huge fan.  I just think it will come in hand for so many occasions.  I finished off some wine tags for a customer a few weeks ago with this set and I love how they came out.  I love the simplicity of the set, so I'm glad I picked it up before we had to say goodbye.  

The background leaves are from the new Magnolia Memory Die set which will be released staring on June 4th, 2019.  I think this goes to show the versatility of that set as well.  I always find it good to have several different leaf shapes in my stash of die-cut tools.  The wine bottle was fussy-cut after being stamped and this is a technique that I find myself using more and more.    

Card Details

Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" 
Paper: Whisper White, Fresh Fig, Old Olive, Kraft (non-SU), Vellum
Ink: Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Blends (light and dark)
Stamp Set: Half Full
Tools: Magnolia Memory Die, Layering Circle Die, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder
Accessories: Linen Thread


Today's card was inspired by the following challenges: 




Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Check at the ATXPaperHouse Card of the Month Club!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.  **New Listings ADDED!**

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I totally agree with the sentiment. I love your rich colors and the hint of green. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! The sentiment is a keeper :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card! I love how you used all of your elements, especially the leaves and the gold thread. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lee Ann! Loved playing along this week!

      Delete
  3. Great card! I love how you used the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wine chart A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete