Thursday, May 23, 2019

Card: Sneak Peek 2 "Magnolia Lane Suite"

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! My project today once again features a sneak peek into the new Stampin' Up! Magnolia Lane suite.  It is a beautiful set of products and I think it will quickly become a favorite when it becomes available on June 4th! 

And here is today's card...


The paper of this card is the reverse of a previous project and it is just as beautiful as the first.  I love how the paper can do all the work, but the little butterfly accent and the mossy meadow linen thread can add just an extra touch.  

Not forgetting about the envelope...the magnolia stamp was also used on the envelope flap for added design.  

See some additional photos below of today's project (includes a sneak peek photo of a portion of the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set!)...




Quick tip: The magnolia stamp was stamped on the front of the card using Mossy Meadow.  I thought it needed just a little extra color.  So I took a Q-tip and lightly touched it to the ink pad (Mossy Meadow first) getting just a bit of ink on the tip.  Then I lightly touched the leafy area of the stamped image with the inked Q-tip.  Then I repeated the same steps for the flower portion using the Powder Pink ink pad.  Viola! Just a touch of color to the original stamped image (see left image above).  

Card Details

Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper:   Crumb Cake, Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper, Whisper White
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Powder Pink
Stamp Set: Good Morning Magnolia, Make a Difference, August 2018 Paper Pumpkin (inside sentiment)
Tools: Rectangle Stitched Die Cuts, Well Said Die Cuts
Accessories: Mossy Meadow Linen Thread

This card was inspired by a previous project that you can see here.  These two cards are some of the first that have been made for my parish Card Ministry.  I am so blessed that I have been given the opportunity to give back to my parish doing something that I love.  

Today's project was inspired by the following challenge: 

SUO Challenges -

It may be a sympathy card, but hopefully those beautiful spring magnolias fill the family's heart with happiness during a difficult time.

Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Check at the ATXPaperHouse Card of the Month Club!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.  **New Listings ADDED!** 

4 comments:

  1. Just WOW! I love your design and great Q-Tip hack. Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope to see you again tomorrow for our new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! Yes, the q-tip hack has been genius so far! Really opened up lots of possibilities for the magnolia stamps :)

      Delete
  2. Love the magnolia suite, perfect for your gorgeous spring card! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, and we hope you join us for the new challenge on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christy! I think the magnolia suite is by far my new favorite!! So perfect for so many occasions!

      Delete