Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Card: Black and White with a Pop of Pink

Hello and Welcome! 

Welcome to today's post! I have just a short and quick card to share today.  Life has been crazy in this house lately and finding time to craft was a little difficult this week.  But I found a little time and put this quick and easy card together with the help from a card challenge.  

And here is today's project...


My new Stampin' Up! order is on its way and I definitely added the Butterfly Punch with the coordinating Butterfly Gala to the list.  I can't wait till they arrive, but in the mean time I pulled out this retired DSP and put it to work.  I love the simple black and white paper with the pop of Flirty Flamingo.  

Start with Basic Black cardstock cut to an A2 card size.  Layer with a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock.  I did send the Flirty Flamingo through the Big Shot with the 3D Subtle Embossing Folder for an added bit of design.  Layer a piece of Basic Black and the beautiful butterfly DSP.  Put the cardstock layers together in an off-center position.  I added a little bit of color to the butterfly paper with some Flirty Flamingo and Garden Green ink.  Stamp your sentiment and crop with the Triple Banner Punch.  Add some From My Heart Faceted Gems for added flair. 


Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Basic Black cardstock, Flirty Flamingo cardstock, Botanical Butterfly DSP (retired)
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green
Stamps: Flowering Desert (retired)
Tools: Triple Banner Punch, 3D Subtle Embossing folder
Accessories: From My Heart Faceted Gems

Today's card was inspired by the following challenges: 



Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love the black/pink combo and that you only colored some flowers is a great idea (and a time saver too!) Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great use for this paper - I think I used all of this sheet right off when this came out, lol. How great does it look with the touch of pink?? Perfect! Black and white with one color is always so fab! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete