Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Card: An Ornate Garden...literally!

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! I am so excited to share today's card.  I finally enjoyed some quiet time in my she shed this weekend and I went all out!  Today's card features the lovely Ornate Garden suite and a special surprise...just wait...

And here is today's project...


The front of this 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card features a combination of the DSP and Ornate Borders die cuts from the Ornate Garden suite.  I have to admit that I wasn't quite sure about the Terracotta Tile coloring when I first saw it, but I have to admit that I have already made several cards with it and...I LOVE IT! I can see so many uses for this color especially once fall starts to approach (I know it's only May, but I live in Texas and with our summer heat sometimes I wish we could go from Spring to Fall!). Ok ready for the surprise?!?! Check it out...


My first pop-up card! The pop-up portion was inspired by Alejandra Gomez at Crafting with Allie.  You can check out the inspiration and her measurements HERE.  Instead of the Timeless Tulips stamp set, I decided to feature the always lovely Daisy punches and a variety of green leaves and grass for the background.  Here's hoping that this card makes any Mom feel like she's walking through a peaceful, daisy filled garden! 


Card Details
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Paper: Terracotta Tile cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Old Olive cardstock, Ornate Garden DSP
Stamps: Well Said, Ornate Thanks, Home to Roost, Daisy Lane
Ink: Terracotta Tile, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink
Tools: Well Written die-cuts, Ornate Borders die-cuts, Layered Circles die-cuts, Banner Punch, Daisy Punch, Subtle 3D embossing folder, Beautiful Layers die-cuts
Accessories: Ornate Garden dual ribbon pack, Ornate Garden gems

I sure hope I got everything there! If you see something on the card that I missed and you want to know more, please leave a comment or send me an email!


The front of card layout was inspired by the following challenges...



Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...
  • Leave a comment below! I love to hear your thoughts on the day's project!
  • Check at the ATXPaperHouse Card of the Month Club!
  • Follow me on Pinterest.
  • Check out my Etsy Shop.   New Listings Just Added! 

  

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love the side border - thanks for a big clue on how to start using that die so well, lol! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I have been having fun using these dies for sure. They're so different and fun! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wowza, what a fantastic creation Angela! I love your border die positioned on the left side and love the "wow" when you open it! What a fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks challenge at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete