Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Card: Sending a Smile!

Hello and Welcome!

Welcome to today's post! I managed to find a little extra time in my she shed over the last few days (not sure how!) and I wanted to share today's creation.  It was off to the challenge boards for this girl just to get my creativity started.  I used a sketch challenge as a jumping off point for today's card. 

And here is today's card...


The Designer Series Paper is from the Share What You Love retired suite.  I still have a bit of a stash left, so I put it to good use with this card.  I love the vellum underneath the DSP and I feel like it really adds that extra touch to have two layers on top of the cardstock base.  I also wanted to keep it from feeling to "green", so I think the vellum really softens it up.

I practiced with my heat tool and embossing powder and I am proud to say that it only took me three times to create today's sentiment! I'm getting better! As I was searching for some tips and tricks for the embossing technique, I did come across the "embossing buddy", which I may have to look into for the future.  Anyone recommend this?? Any good tips that you can pass on for making sure your embossing powder does not stick to other areas of your paper?? I love the look of embossing, but I always make sure to give myself extra time and supplies (haha!) when using this technique on my cards!




Card Details
Paper: Old Olive, Share What You Love DSP, Vellum, Basic Black
Stamp: Daisy Lane, Delightful Day, A Big Thank You, Beautiful Promenade
Ink: Versamark, Tuxedo Black
Tools: Heat Tool, White Embossing Powder, Beautiful Layer die set
Accessories: Linen Twine

Today's card was inspired by the following challenges:



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you ready for the holidays?! The Holiday Catalog is live...




Keep Austin Crafty!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like today's post?!  If so, don't forget to...

2 comments:

  1. So pretty, Angela - this was one of the first sheets I used up in this pack, lol - I love the leafy background! Cute dies to go with - you DID make me smile, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete