Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Heard it from a little birdie...

Hello and Welcome!

I am super excited for today's post because I am finally taking the plunge and participating in a card makers challenge.  I found these challenges a few weeks ago and have found them to be a huge inspiration!

Today I am participating in the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge.  Here is the sketch...



And here is my card...

Finished Product
Inside stamping

The background cardstock was a fun find during my weekly craft shopping!  It is from the Jack and Jill by Lori Whitlock pack and I am already in love with it.  Sidenote: I recently started updating my house to try and reflect a "rustic farmhouse" feel.  I have found that that inspiration is making its way to other crafty parts of my life, so I loved being able to incorporate the beautiful, wood plank background into this card! 

I also added a bit of stamping to the inside of the card.  I haven't been decorating the inside of my cards lately, but I found this wonderful stamp set recently and had to use it to add just a bit of decoration to the inside.

Here's hoping that I link everything correctly for my first challenge!!!!

Keep Austin Crafty!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on entering your first challenge and you did a great job with the sketch this week! I love the wooden background with the pink bird - it's a great combination of colors and texture! Thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carol! I had fun playing along with this challenge for the first time. Can't wait for the next one!

      Delete
  2. So glad you decided to join our challenge and your card is so pretty! I love the pieced bird and the wooden background paper is perfect. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa! Had a great time creating with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. I really like your little birdie die cut and the green leaves are a perfect embellishment. The wood background is perfect. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!
    So glad you found us and joined us!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete