Friday, September 28, 2018

Get Well Soon!

Hello and Welcome!

Today I am playing along with this week's challenge from Freshly Made Sketches.  It is my first time playing along with this challenge group.  Fall has started to show here in Austin and while we have gotten loads of rain the weather has also started to cool, which is a major relief.  As I took a walk around our neighborhood, I came across a garden with a group of beautiful zinnias that were blooming in the most vibrant colors.  I knew I had to use that as inspiration for today's card.  So here it goes...

Here is the sketch...


And here is my card...

Finished Product

Inside Decoration

The beautiful patterned paper is from Victorian Gardens by Cassandra Cooper and I think it is just the perfect green for fall.  The die cut shapes were the closest I had to re-creating the "zinnia" effect, but I love the deep, rich colors against the green background.  The "Get Well Soon" sentiment was chosen as yours truly is battling the first cold of the fall/winter season...kid germs are the worst.  Perhaps I will send this card to myself in the mail.    

Keep Austin Crafty!!   

6 comments:

  1. This is my second week joining FMS and started a blog just to do it lol ... glad there is another new member with me!! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Glad there is another newbie at there with me! Happy crafting!!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card! Those flowers are so pretty! Love the colours! Fall colours are so vibrant! So glad to have you playing along with our challenge!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches! We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Loved the sketch this week and can't wait for the next one!

      Delete
  3. I do love the colors of fall! Your patterned paper and colorful flowers are wonderful together. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches for the first time ever!!! I hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colors of fall are quickly becoming some of my favorite colors to create with!!

      Delete